Help Build the 2018 Supermileage Vehicle!
The LTU Supermileage Team is focused on designing, fabricating, and assembling a single-person vehicle to attain the highest MPG possible and compete in Marshall, Michigan in June 2018. LTU’s 2016 team holds the school record of 319 MPG and was ranked top 10. For 2018, we have set the goal of 500 MPG, to achieve this the team has set a fund-raising goal of $10,000.
Here are a new items the team wants to implement that will drastically improve our preformance.
- A full carbon fiber body that will reduce the weight of last year's body by at least 20%. Currently the team estimates this will add $4,000 to the budget of the vehicle.
- New Ultra-lightweight wheels & custom made bearings that will drastically reduce rolling resistance. The team estimates this will cost $2,500.
- A new engine starting motor, fuel lines, intake and exhaust manifold. These parts will allow our engine to operate at higher efficiency. the team estimates this will cost $2,000
- A new light weight steering wheel that will incorporate braking, acceleration, and an engine kill-switch for safety. Currently the team estimates this will add $500 to the budget of the vehicle.
- A lightweight chassis made of heat-treated, high-strength steel to meet safety requirements and reduce the car's overall weight. The team estimates this will cost $1,000 dollars.
This is why we need your support to help make our 500 MPG dream a reality!
Below is a concept of what vehicle will look like if all of these goals are met.
Links To Social Media & Other Supermileage Info: